Since 2007 David Aylor has been building a thriving law practice in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, establishing a dynamic and experienced presence in the region. Local and national media outlets have routinely solicited his legal analysis and opinions.
In addition to succeeding as a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator, David is the acting Prosecutor for the City of Hanahan, SC. Prior to this appointment, he served as Assistant Solicitor in the Ninth Circuit Solicitor's Office for Charleston County. David's participation in the government sector provides him with a comprehensive view of how the law works on both sides of the courtroom. Being exposed to this unique perspective better equips David to ensure that his clients are treated fairly, giving him an advantage in the courtroom.
David also clerked for the SC Senate Judiciary Committee under Sen. Glenn McConnell, as well as clerking for US Magistrate Judge Robert S. Carr (ret.) and criminal attorney Andrew J. Savage, III here in Charleston.
- Voted "Best Law Firm/Lawyer in Charleston" in 2015 & 2016 by the readers of Charleston City Paper
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2014 & 2015
- Selected as an "Elite Lawyer of the South" for 2017 by the National Law Journal
- 2015 Honoree by the Leadership in Law Committee of SC Lawyers Weekly
- Voted "Top 10 Under 40: South Carolina" by the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
College of Charleston, B.S., Political Science, 2002
University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2006
Licensed in all South Carolina State Courts
U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court