Joseph has been practicing law for over twenty years and is currently the managing partner of the firm. He is a lifelong resident of the Hudson Valley and relies on his connections to the community to best serve his clients. Joseph graduated from Brown University in 1993 and played both division one football and golf for the Brown Bears. He graduated from St. John’s University School of Law in 1996. Joseph dedicates a majority of his time to representing seriously and catastrophically injured individuals harmed by construction, motor vehicle, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents, as well as those harmed by defective products.
Joseph is admitted to practice law in the State of New York, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of New York. He has been admitted pro hac vice in New Jersey, Utah, and Texas.
Joseph is on the Board of Directors for the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. He regularly presents Continuing Legal Education lectures, statewide and nationally. Joseph is a member of the American Association for Justice, the New York State Judicial Screening Committee, the American Bar Association, the Ulster County Bar Association, and the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys.
Joseph has continuously been named as one of the top 25 lawyers of the Hudson Valley and Upstate New York by Super Lawyers for 2015 through 2021. He carries a Martindale-Hubbell A.V. Preeminent rating, as well as a perfect 10 rating with AVVO. Many of his cases have been featured on television, including the Today Show and Anderson 360. The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and the New York Journal have all featured cases he litigated.
Mr. O’Connor’s recent settlements and verdicts are listed below.
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
(Parties Remain Confidential)
• $7,770,000.00 Settlement for a construction worker for injuries he sustained at the workplace.
• $6,000,000.00 Settlement for injuries that resulted from a defective car.
• $5,900,000.00 Settlement for injuries sustained after a commercial vehicle collision.
• $4,900,00.00 Settlement for product liability resulting in severe burns.
• $3,671,268.10 Verdict rendered for a fatal crash of a motorcyclist who was in a collision with a New York State Department of Corrections van.
· $2,650,000.00 Settlement for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle collision.
· $2,050,000.00 Settlement for injured bicyclist.
• $2,000,000.00 Personal injury claim settled for a Hudson Valley plaintiff.
• $2,000,000.00 Settlement for injured bicyclist.
• $1,900,000.00 Settlement for an injury sustained at a construction site.
• $1,900,000.00 Settlement for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
• $1,875,000.00 Settlement for injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident.
• $1,675,000.00 Settlement for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
• $1,600,000.00 Settlement for a wrongful death bicycle accident.
• $1,450,000.00 Settlement for injuries arising from a 2022 motor vehicle collision. The injured plaintiff suffered orthopedic injuries to both legs as a result of the collision.
• $1,500,000.00 Settlement for an injured motorcyclist.
• $1,050,000.00 Settlement for claims of negligent operation of a motor vehicle and dangerous automotive products. The matter was settled before the deposition stage.