Christopher J. MacGillis is a founder and partner at MacGillis Wiemer, LLC. Chris focuses his practice on personal injury and employment/labor cases, including automobile accidents, nursing home cases, wage and hour issues, and privacy claims. He has represented employees, labor unions, and those injured by the acts of others throughout the State of Wisconsin.
Chris earned his law degree, cum laude, from Marquette University Law School. Prior to entering law school, Chris received his B.A. in Economics from Lawrence University. While at Lawrence, Chris was a member of the men’s basketball team, serving as team captain and earning all-academic and all-conference honors.
Chris has tried cases in both state and federal court. He prides himself on protecting his clients and working aggressively to obtain the best potential outcome. One of Chris’ former clients states: "Chris worked my case on a very personal level working extremely hard to overcome what others thought was impossible! Another attorney told me I would not have a successful outcome and that I should just accept that. Chris proved them wrong. They fought for the best possible result. I feel a lasting friendship [with Chris] was developed along the way."
In recognition of the successful results obtained on behalf of his clients, Chris has been selected as a "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers, a "Leading Lawyer" by M Magazine, Top 10 Attorney Under 40 by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc., Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers, and Clients’ Choice Award – Personal Injury from Avvo.
Chris has written various articles addressing personal injury, insurance, and employment/labor issues. Chris often presents to groups to address these same issues. Chris has also worked with several police and fire unions to address injury and disability issues. Chris has been selected to serve as District Committee Member for the Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulations.
Chris is a life-long resident of Wisconsin. Outside of the office, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, Ann, daughter, Grace, and son, Owen.
Areas of Practice
· Personal Injury
· Wisconsin, 2008
· U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
· U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2009
· Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
o J.D. cum laude
· Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin
Honors and Awards
· Leading Lawyer” by M Magazine
· Top 10 Attorney Under 40 by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc.
· Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
· Choice Award – Personal Injury from Avvo
· "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
· American Bar Association
· Washington County Bar Association
· Milwaukee Bar Association
· Wisconsin Association for Justice
· Leander J. Foley, Jr. Matrimonial Inn, American Inns of Court
· American Association for Justice
· Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulations, District Committee Member