Our Hawaii office is located in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. We represent Hawaii clients in cities throughout the Hawaiian islands. We represent clients in Hawaiian federal, state and local courts located on the Big Island (Hawai’i), Kaua’i, O’ahu, Maui, Lana’i and Moloka’i, Lana’i as well as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Hawaii and the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
For the convenience of all clients, we offer evening and weekend telephone appointments. In most cases, the client’s first consultation is free. In all matters, we advise the client whether legal fees will be charged on an hourly basis, benchmark basis or as a contingency fee. At the client’s first consultation, the cost of representation is explained in detail and the services performed are outlined in our written fee agreement.
For a brief overview of our practice areas, please see below:
General Scope of Practice
1. Compassionate counsel for the injured to deal with medical and recovery-related issues.
2. Strategic negotiations with insurance companies and at-fault corporations and individuals to obtain the highest settlements available under the law.
3. Close communication with client and medical providers.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, including but not limited to:
Inattentive driving (cell phone, text messaging/blackberry)
Premises Liability including dog bite cases
General Scope of Practice
1. Legal counsel to parties involved in contested matters where a lawsuit has been filed and in all aspects of civil litigation.
2. Consultation on litigation strategy and cost-benefit analysis on decision to move forward with litigation.
3. Client-focused advocacy achieved through first understanding client needs then working with client to develop a creative and strategic litigation strategy.
Breach of contract and other transactional disputes
Real Estate litigation
Serious Personal Injury
General Commercial and Business disputes
Born and raised in Snohomish County, Washington, Jeff earned his undergraduate degree from Central Washington University where he captained the men’s basketball team and was named First Team All-Conference and Honorable Mention All-American his senior year. As an editor for the university newspaper, Jeff gained national notoriety after publishing an article critical of certain race-based hiring processes at Central.
After receiving his undergraduate degree in journalism, Jeff earned his law degree from Seattle University, where he received a presidential scholarship and was accomplished in both moot court and trial advocacy competitions.
When he is not busy at the office, Jeff enjoys his family, his coffee farm, and participating in outdoor activities such as running, biking, ocean swimming, scuba diving, hiking and enjoying the outdoor beauty of the Hawaiian Islands and Pacific Northwest.
Jeff looks forward to putting his legal experience and competitive spirit to work on your behalf. Thank you and Mahalo for visiting.