Michael C. Duma began his legal career as a criminal prosecutor in the Wyandotte County District Attorney's Office. At his time there, he developed a skill for litigation and held an impressive conviction record. While a county prosecutor, Michael not only was successful in litigating criminal cases at the trial level, but also gained extensive experience in perfecting appeals in the Kansas Court of Appeals and Kansas Supreme Court.
Since leaving the District Attorney's Office, Michael has developed a reputation as an aggressive criminal defense attorney who skillfully advocates for his clients. Michael has been named a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” by Thompson Reuter’s since 2015 and was selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association for their “Top 40 under 40” designation. Michael currently serves on the Wyandotte County Bench Bar committee.
- Wyandotte County Bar Association - Johnson County Bar Association - Kansas Bar Association - Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Wyandotte County Bench-Bar Committee 2017
- Criminal Defense - DUI Defense
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star" designation for excellence in criminal defense 2015-2017 "Ten Best" 2014 Kansas Client Satisfaction Award - American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
- Kansas Criminal Jurisdiction in Indian Country: Why the Kansas Act is Unnecessary Outdated and Unfair.
- Undergraduate degree from Arizona State University - Law Degree from Washburn University School of Law