My name is Michael Phillips and in my over 30 years as a courtroom lawyer I have dedicated my career to fighting for fairness and justice for real people, not corporations or the government. I am very proud of that fact and I consider it a privilege to practice law. One of my favorite quotes is from the great trial lawyer Daniel Webster who said, "The law: it has honored us; may we honor it."
Phillips Law Offices is a small trial litigation law firm that represents individuals and families throughout Nevada County, Placer County, and surrounding communities. Because we are a small litigation law firm, we take only a select number of cases at any one time. The reason we limit the number of cases is so we can strive to provide unparalleled personal service. That's why we say, " Big City Experience, Small Town Service".
Personal Injury & Litigation
California State University Long Beach B.A., 1983
Santa Clara University, J.D., 1987
- Past president Nevada County Bar Association
- Delegate, Conference of Delegates, State Bar of California
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers
- AVVO Superior 10 Rating
- AVVO Client's Choice Award - 2015
- Better Business Bureau A+ rating
- Santa Clara Law School Best Oral Advocate, Moot Court Competition
- Former Judicial Law Clerk
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Member of American Association for Justice (AAJ)