Dennis Ryan is an esteemed trial attorney with over a decade of experience in the litigation field. His practice’s primary focus is in the field of personal injury specifically in the areas of motor vehicle accidents, work accidents, premises liability, municipal liability claims and insurance coverage disputes.
He is a strong advocate for improving the law. Every year he lobbies for worker’s safety changes and other important civil law issues at the State Capitol in Albany. He had published worker safety articles in Union newsletters and lectured at the New York State Trial Lawyer's Institution on how to prepare cases for trial.
Mr. Ryan was previously a Partner at a New York based personal injury firm. He has successfully represented his clients in obtaining millions of dollars in verdicts through arbitrations, mediations and trials.
He currently serves as one of the youngest member on the Board of Directors, New York Trial Lawyer Association and Co-Chairs the New York Trial Lawyer Association Statewide New Lawyer Committee. He is also a Member of the American Association for Justice and the Municipal and Auto Committee of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Ryan was recognized for his excellence in the legal field. In 2019, he was one of New York Times Top Attorneys in Metro New York. Super Lawyer has named him Metro New York Rising Stars every year since 2014, an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of practicing attorneys under the age of 40 years old. He has been selected as one of the Top 40 under 40 by National Trial Lawyers, and Irish Echo’s Top 30 Irish People.
Mr. Ryan is also involve in many noteworthy matters/causes:
• Volunteers as a mock trial judge at the St John University Law School
• Volunteers at the Civil Legal Advice and Resource Office (CLARO) providing legal advice for low-income New York residents (www.claronyc.org)
• Performs pro bono work for the ABA Military Pro Bono Project where he assists active-duty military personnel and their families (www.militaryprobono.org)
• Represented victims in claims for 9/11 Victim’s Compensation Fund
• Sponsors and supports New York City Department of Sanitation Emerald Society charitable events and scholarships
• Donates to the American Association of Justice's Political Action Committee
Mr Ryan is admitted to practice in the State of New York and New Jersey.