The National Trial Lawyers is encouraging you to nominate attorneys who have exhibited outstanding leadership for the following membership:
- Criminal Defense – Top 40 Under 40
- Civil Plaintiff – Top 40 Under 40
Eligibility for Top 40 Under 40:
Members of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 are encouraged to submit candidates for consideration to our Top 40 Under 40 group. The qualifications for membership in Top 40 Under 40 are in the Membership section of our website. The same criteria for membership in Top 100 apply to membership in Top 40 Under 40.
The criteria for membership include:
- Reputation among peers, the judiciary and the public
- Achievements, settlements and verdicts as a trial lawyer
- Board certification as a trial lawyer
- Nominations from leading trial lawyers, current members and Executive Committee members
- Leadership and membership in other national and state trial lawyer organizations
- Rankings and ratings by leading national evaluation organizations
- Because the population of attorneys by state varies greatly, some states are divided into regions to recognize a comparative number of the Top 100 or Top 40 attorneys. For states with a higher population of attorneys that are divided into regions, a minimum of 7,000 attorneys must exist for each region.
Nominees must be civil plaintiff or criminal defense attorneys age 40 and under. Civil defense attorneys who represent corporations or insurance companies may not be invited. Existing memberships are reviewed each year to assure that Top 40 Under 40 members are maintaining their qualifications. All members are automatically reconsidered for membership until they reach the age of 40.
Please fill out the form below to nominate a lawyer.
Note: The nomination is confidential.