Joseph "J.P." Pendergast, is the owner and managing attorney at the personal injury law firm of Pendergast Law in Renton, Washington. As a former King County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, he saw first-hand how people's lives were changed as a result of an accident. He has twenty-five years of experience in personal injury law representing the rights and interests of injured people throughout the state of Washington.
With extensive trial experience and intimate familiarity with the law, Mr. Pendergast has successfully procured well over a hundred million dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He has handled a variety of personal injury cases involving wrongful death, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, animal attacks and highway design.
As a result of his successful track record and committed client services, Mr. Pendergast has received many awards and recognitions. He was:
• Rated “10.0 Superb” by Avvo and Distinguished* by Martindale-Hubbell
• Named Super Lawyer for 2022
• Winner of Avvo's Client Choice Award
• Winner of the Litigator Award in Wrongful Death in 2014 and 2015
• Named “10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
• Membership in the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• Selected in the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list by The National Trial Lawyers
• Recognized as the "Best Personal Injury Lawyer” in Seattle by Expertise.com in 2019
• Awarded membership in the national Lawyers of Distinction
• Named "Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney" for Attorney and Practice Magazine
• Named among “America’s Most Honored Lawyers” by the American Registry
• Listed among the “Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys" by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
• Lead Counsel Rating for Personal Injury Law
• "Best Law Firms" of 2018-2021 by U.S. News and World Report - Best Lawyers®
• Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm in Washington by Best Attorneys Online 2014 -2018
• Recognized as an Elite Lawyer in Personal Injury Law in 2022
Born and raised in Seattle, Mr. Pendergast completed his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Washington in 1989 followed by his Juris Doctor from the University of Oregon School of Law in 1993. He was licensed to practice in Washington the same year.
When not lawyering, Mr. Pendergast gives back to the legal community by maintaining active memberships in professional organizations such as the Washington State Bar Association, the Washington State Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation.