Joe Tunstall was born in Washington, NC and attended Washington High School, where he was a member of the Pam Pack and awarded a Morehead scholarship. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and of Wake Forest University with a Juris Doctor degree.
Joe Tunstall moved to Tarboro and joined Keel O'Malley, LLP in 2000. In 2006 Joe became a partner and the Firm was renamed Keel O'Malley Tunstall, PLLC. He practices in both our Raleigh and Tarboro offices.
Joe has extensive trial experience, including personal injury, vehicle accident, Social Security and Workers' Compensation cases, many before a jury. He has handled cases in Federal Court and argued at every level of the State Courts including the North Carolina Supreme Court. His practice areas include Personal Injury (injuries from car accidents and falls), Workers' Compensation, Social Security, and Civil Litigation.
He is also an active member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and has spoken at numerous continuing education classes for other attorneys.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
• 70% Personal Injury (Injuries from Car Accidents and Falls)
• 20% Workers' Compensation
• 10% Social Security
• Vehicle Accident
• Civil Litigation
• North Carolina
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
• Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
• University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
o Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
• North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
• North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Active Member