In 1996, Shawn Bayliss first opened the doors of Bayliss Law Offices in Hurricane, WV, with a focus in Family Law, Divorce and Criminal Law.
Lawyer Shawn Bayliss, Family Law in Hurricane, WVShawn Bayliss is a graduate of West Virginia University and University of North Carolina — Chapel Hill. He’s been on the Salvation Army Advisory Council since 1997 and is the founder and organizer of Operation United Homefront and Freedom Ride and Rally, which raised $30,000.00 for the families of Guard Members deployed in Iraq.
In addition, Shawn was a participant and fundraiser for the Polar Plunge Special Olympics.
Previously, Shawn was a former counsel to the West Virginia Senate Finance Committee and has been involved with the following:
• Putnam County Port Authority Board
• Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
• Putnam County Mental Hygiene Commissioner
• Supreme Court Educational Committee
• Supreme Court Fatality Review Team
• Contributing Attorney to West Virginia Legal Aid
• Gideons International
In college, Shawn founded the Duquesne University Christian Legal Society and was a proud member of the WVU Marching Band.