My approach to each and every case is very simple: it is?client-focused.
The Client Always Comes FirstAny case I take, I treat it as if I?m handling it for a member of my own family.
You Are the BossWhen you hire me, that means I?m working for you.
I?m in Your CornerYou can rest assured that every decision I make is in your best interest.
Personal AttentionClients expect and deserve personal attention. That?s exactly what my staff and I give you. No phone call goes unanswered or unreturned. No e-mail goes without a response. Clients have the right to expect they can find out what?s going on in their case at any time or to know they can pick up the phone and call or write an e-mail and get a response in a timely manner.
Experience MattersI have been a litigator since 1989. The first four years of my practice, I represented insurance companies. Since then, I have represented individuals who have been injured and businesses which have been damaged. This experience gives me a unique perspective and ability to anticipate what the insurance companies and their lawyers do and to prepare a winning strategy in your case.
Zealous RepresentationYou have my assurance I will do everything within my power and within the rules of ethics to fight for you. As a lawyer, I have taken an oath in which I pledge faithfulness, competence, good judgment, and prompt communication. I truly believe that my role as an attorney is to represent you well and to be your advocate, who fights for you with energy and passion.
What I Believe
- I believe the legal profession is an honorable profession.
- I believe God has called me into this profession to provide a voice to the voiceless and defend the rights of those in need (Prov. 31:8-9).
- I believe lawyers have a duty and responsibility to represent their clients zealously, to conduct themselves in an ethical manner adhering to our Professional Rules of Conduct, and to treat everyone involved in a litigation matter ? parties, lawyers, witnesses, and judges ? with respect, dignity, and civility. That?s what I strive to do every day ? with every client ? in every case.
- I believe an attorney-client relationship is more than a casual business relationship. You are my boss ? I work for you. When the boss calls or writes or wants to meet, we are there to respond and provide counsel, information, or whatever you need that will make you more knowledgeable about your case and the justice system under which we are operating. It?s just that simple.
- I believe my role as a lawyer is part counselor, giving sound advice and solving problems, and part warrior ? to be an advocate for you and to fight for what?s right ? for justice in whatever form it takes.
- I believe you deserve the truth. Your lawyer shouldn?t be the person who tells you only what you want to hear. I am committed to giving you the truth about your case which means both the good and the bad. You deserve nothing less.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
- University of South Carolina, B.A., Political Science, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 1989
- South Carolina Supreme Court and all State Courts, 1989
- South Carolina Bar Association
Judicial Qualifications Committee, 2000-2002
13th Judicial Circuit Bench-Bar Committee, 1997-1999
Children?s Committee, 1994-1995
Service to Indigents Committee, 1992-1993
- Greenville County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
Honors and Awards
- ?Greenville?s Best and Brightest 35 & Under,'?Greenville Magazine, 1994
- Listed in ?Best Lawyers in America' 2008 - Present
- Lecturer for South Carolina Association for Justice
- Lecturer for the 13th Circuit Solicitors Convention
- Lecturer for The S.C. Association of Legal Investigators Convention
- Lecturer for The National Business Institute CLE Seminar - 'Advanced Trial Tactics'