Abasi Major tries lawsuits in state and federal courts with an emphasis on complex litigation. Abasi is one of a few lawyers who handles complex civil and complex criminal litigation. Abasi's experience as both a civil and criminal advocate give him an insight that very few lawyers possess. Abasi advises clients on complex investigations, litigation matters, and subpoena compliance. On the civil side, Abasi aggressively represents businesses and those who have been injured by vehicles and defective products.
Abasi's representative experience includes:
• Serving as lead trial counsel in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi division. Abasi's client was a supervisor who was accused of committing $6 million dollars worth of fraud on the United States government. After hiring Abasi, the client was released from jail and did not serve any more jail time.
• Serving as lead trial counsel in Bexar County. Abasi's client was charged with first degree felony aggravated sexual assault of a child. Abasi's client was facing a maximum sentence of 99 years in prison. Abasi convinced the judge to give his client 10 years of deferred adjudication probation.
• Serving as lead trial counsel in Gillespie County. Abasi's client was charged with second degree felony possession of a controlled substance. Abasi's client served two days in jail before hiring Abasi. The client did not serve any more jail time.
• Serving as lead trial counsel in Blanco County. Abasi's client was charged with second degree felony possession of a controlled substance. Abasi obtained dismissal of all charges.
• Serving as lead trial counsel in Bee County. Abasi's client was charged with marijuana possession and unlawful carry of a firearm. Abasi obtained dismissal of all charges.
• Served as a member of a trial team who secured an acquittal on bribery charges in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Abasi started his career as an associate at a well-known criminal defense boutique. He was fortunate to gain trial experience in federal court early in his career. That early trial experience shaped the way that Abasi practices law. He prepares every case as if it were going to trial. Whether the case is a civil or criminal case, the strategy is the same put as much pressure on the other side to achieve the best results for his clients. Early in his career Abasi defended a wide variety of felony criminal matters including aggravated sexual assaults, sexual assaults, securities and commodities fraud and asset forfeiture cases.
Because of his early success, Abasi was named to the board of directors for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in just his second year of practice.
After years of helping those accused of crimes, Abasi wanted to help those who who were injured through no fault of their own. Abasi refined his trial skills at a mass tort and commercial litigation firm. It was there that Abasi gained exposure with complex civil cases. Abasi's clients include law firms, lawyers, and other small businesses. Abasi has represented municipalities and county governments in State and federal multi-district litigation concerning the opioid crisis.
Abasi's criminal defense experience compliments his civil litigation experience. Because of criminal defense experience defending persons accused of conspiracy, bribery, fraud and embezzlement, Abasi is particularly well suited to prosecute civil claims for fraud, conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty. Abasi's experience defending murder cases makes him adept at handling wrongful death actions. Likewise, Abasi's experience defending assault cases helps him prosecute civil assault cases.
Because Abasi has successfully handle cases against the U.S. government, Abasi is especially prepared to take on large corporations and insurance companies.
Abasi started the Major Law Firm in order to litigate cases he truly believes in. Abasi loves having responsibility of the case on his shoulders. Abasi loves to interact with his clients. It is not unusual for his clients to keep in touch with them after the case is over. Abasi understands that when you are representing someone they are not just a case, they are family. Abasi cherishes giving back to those poor and disenfranchised person. The Major Law Firm proudly offers pro bono services for those who qualify.
Abasi graduated from St. Mary's University School of Law with honors. Prior to attending St. Mary's, Abasi graduated from the University of Texas at Austin. During law school, Abasi focused primarily on advocacy and litigation courses. He authored a thesis which examined the decline of the rate of trials in Texas. Upon successfully defending his thesis, Abasi was certified by the faculty, as having a concentration in advocacy. He was the only student certified with a concentration in advocacy in the class of 2017. Abasi was a member of the St. Mary's University Mock trial team which competed in competitions all across the nation. Abasi's law school career culminated with being inducted into the Order of Barristers. Only ten students were selected.