Craig Zips is Board Certified in Personal Injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Craig has also received the premier AV rating by Martindale Hubbell.
With over 20 years of experience, Craig has represented numerous clients in a variety of litigation matters, including complex commercial matters involving business disputes and securities fraud, as well as representing injured plaintiffs in serious personal injury cases, including eighteen wheeler wrecks involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Craig began his career working for Jenkens & Gilchrist, P.C., one of the largest firms in Dallas, Texas with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, as well as all major Texas cities. While at Jenkens & Gilchrist, Craig handled a variety of complex commercial litigation matters for large companies throughout the United States.
Whether it is representing plaintiffs in a serious personal injury case or businesses in complex commercial cases, our firm is able to handle a variety of litigation matters. Our expertise is getting a case ready to be tried and trying the case if the insurance company or business defendant fails to fully compensate our clients. I have personally handled complex contract cases, litigation involving the sale of businesses, securities fraud cases and serious personal injury cases for plaintiffs. Having an experienced litigator with a known reputation is critical to receiving fair and just compensation.
Craig is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. There are approximately 70,000 attorneys licensed to practice law in Texas. According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, approximately 2.4% of these 70,000 attorneys are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Craig is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest peer standard. This is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by their peers.
Craig was elected to Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation. Each year, the top 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys are invited to become Fellows (or members) of the Texas Bar Foundation. Election to the Fellows is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas. Nomination is based on outstanding contributions to the legal profession as well as a commitment to the community.
- Derryberry Zips Wade, PLLC, member, May 2012 – Present
- Derryberry & Zips, PLLC, member, 2002 ‚2012
- Flowers Davis, LLP, associate, 1999 ‚ 2002
- Jenkens & Gilchrist, PC, associate, 1996 ‚ 1999
- Texas Tech University, Juris Doctorate (JD), Magna Cum Laude, 1996
- Order of the Coif (Top ten 10% of his class)
- Texas Tech University Law Review (Associate Editor)
- American Jurisprudence Award: Top student in Contracts
- Full tuition scholarship based on academic performance
- Texas A & M University, BBA in Finance, Magna Cum Laude, 1993
Licenses & Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Awards & Certifications
Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell