C. Locke Meredith was born in Baton Rouge, La. on December 8, 1960. He attended Louisiana State University where he received his B.S. in 1983 and a J.D. in 1987. Later in 1987, Mr. Meredith was admitted to the bar of Louisiana where he practiced before the Louisiana and United States District Court, First Circuit (1988). Mr. Meredith has also had the privilege to practice before the United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1988), and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Areas of Practice
• Serious Plaintiff Personal Injury
• Brain Damage
• Toxic Chemical Exposure
• Spinal Injuries
• Maritime Litigation
• Medical Malpractice
• Louisiana, 1987
• U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1988
• U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1988
• U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1988
• Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
o J.D. – 1987
• Louisiana State University
o B.S. – 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
• Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
• Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
• American Bar Association, Member
• American Association for Justice, Member
• Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
• Nation’s Top 1% by Nat’l Assn of Distinguished Counsel
• Top Attorneys in Louisiana (2010)
• Leading Plaintiff Lawyer in America (2007)
“Legal Lines with Locke Meredith” is a 30 minute community educational program, that has aired since 2001 (over 20 years) - Monday through Friday. Previous guests include US Senators, US Congressmen, La. Supreme Court Chief Justice & Justices, appellate and trial judges, La. state senators, representatives & top state & local officials including former Governor & Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State and State Treasurer. Mr. Meredith has interviewed top state and local political & law enforcement officials, local business leaders, along with charitable organizations including MADD, Crime Stoppers, Trafficking Hope and others It is available to over 700,000 households in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette & surrounding areas on Cox TV at 5:30pm. .
– Locke Meredith is presently a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
– Locke Meredith has been named to the Louisiana Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in Louisiana for multiple years, most recently in 2020 and 2021. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a rigorous multi-phase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected.