Ian is a founding partner of Hersh Kirtman Injury Law. Throughout his entire career, Ian has dedicated himself to fighting for those who have been injured or lost loved ones due to the negligence of others. It is with passion, determination, and creativity that Ian pursues justice for his clients in cases involving motor vehicle accidents, unsafe premises, medical malpractice, and defective products.
Ian recognizes the very serious responsibility that comes with the trust his clients place in him, and he gives every one of them the one-on-one attention they deserve. That begins with understanding each client’s unique needs so he can effectively and efficiently guide them through the legal process, convey in each case the totality of his client’s experiences, suffering, and loss, and achieve his clients’ goals.
A skilled trial lawyer, Ian has recovered tens of millions of dollars for his clients. Some notable results include:
• $4.35 million for a client who suffered brain and spinal cord injuries when struck by a vehicle that crashed through a storefront.
• $4 million medical malpractice settlement for a client who suffered a spinal cord injury.
• $3.8 million for a client who suffered severe orthopedic injuries resulting in an above the knee amputation following a car crash caused by a dangerous condition in a parking lot.
He is licensed to practice in all jurisdictions in the State of Florida and has been admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
As a result of his success on behalf of his clients, Ian's achievements as a trial lawyer have been recognized by his peers. He has been selected as one of Florida’s Top 40 Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers; a Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer by Florida Trend; and as a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers. He is also AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating for legal professionalism, ethics, and ability.
Ian served on the Board of Directors of the Palm Beach County Justice Association and on the Florida Justice Association’s Young Lawyer Section Board of Directors. He is also a member of
the South Palm Beach County Bar Association and served as a Regional Representative of the University of Miami School of Law Young Alumni Committee.
Ian received his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2010, where he was awarded Honors in the nationally recognized University of Miami Litigation Skills Program, served in the Student Bar Association Senate for three years, and was Vice-President of the University of Miami Student Chapter of the Miami-Dade County Bar Association. Ian earned his B.A., cum laude, in Political Science from the University of Florida, where he was an active member of Florida Blue Key and Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity.
Outside of the office, Ian actively supports Becca's Closet, a charitable organization committed to collecting and donating formalwear to low-income high school students who would otherwise be unable to afford the proper attire for their homecoming/prom. Ian is a South Florida native currently residing in Delray Beach with his wife and two daughters. He is an avid sports fan and enjoys fishing, playing golf, and spending time with friends and family.
• University of Miami School of Law (2010)
• University of Florida (2007)
Awards & Recognitions
• AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rank awarded)
• The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
• Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Star
• Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite
• South Florida Legal Guide – Top Up & Comer
• Florida Bar
• Florida Justice Association
o Young Lawyers Board of Directors
• Palm Beach County Justice Association
o Board of Directors
• South Palm Beach County Bar Association
• University of Miami School of Law Young Alumni Committee
• “Prioritize and Win the Premises Liability Case Arising from Accidental Storefront Crashes” Florida Justice Association Journal, September/October 2017