Mehdi is admitted to practice law in all New York State Courts as well as Federal Court (Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and Northern District of New York). Mehdi believes that each case must be treated individually and must have their own approach. Mehdi prefers to personalize the handling of cases with hands-on treatment. Every case and every client receives first class representation for their Criminal cases, Mehdi truly believes that every client deserves the best and most skilled representation possible.
Mehdi began his career as a prosecutor at the Bronx County District Attorney’s office. Initially focusing on Domestic Violence Cases as an Assistant District Attorney in the Domestic Violence Bureau. Mehdi later joined the Trial Division to handle serious felony cases of every type including: Burglaries, Robberies, Gun Crimes, Attempted Murders, DWI cases, and more. Before leaving the District Attorney’s Office Mehdi joined a new division created to stop the violence and drug trade on Rikers Island known as the Rikers Island Prosecution Bureau. This involved complex investigations and intelligence gathering within New York City’s main jail, Rikers Island.
Mehdi was later recruited from the District Attorney's Office to join Greco Neyland, PC. Mehdi was the Senior Trial Attorney responsible for the management and operations of the Greco Neyland law practice prior to leaving the office. During the years with Greco Neyland Mehdi handled cases of every variety to the satisfaction and benefit of his clients. Mehdi handled many federal cases including: federal conspiracy, RICO, drug, wire fraud, bank fraud, trafficking, aggravated identity theft, bribery and more.
Mehdi’s criminal defense practice, in Westchester County and New York City (all five boroughs), is centered around one key concept, THE CLIENT’S RIGHTS COME FIRST. Mehdi does not lie down just because the other side pushes back and his clients have benefited from rigorous, honest, and reliable representation from a New York attorney that has worked on all sides of the Court and is passionate about fighting for his clients.
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• New York State Bar Association
• Muslim Bar Association of New York
• 2021 and 2022 New York Metro Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
• Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Trial Lawyers
• 2020 Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Trial Lawyers
• 2019 Top 10 under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
• AVVO Client’s Choice 2019 - 2022
Why hire Mehdi Essmidi?
• Mehdi is a real NYC attorney that was trained in Kings, Queens, New York, and Bronx County to handle Criminal cases. Mehdi knows the playbook and uses it to benefit his clients.
• Mehdi is a hands-on reliable attorney that makes client goals a priority.
• Mehdi is tough enough to stand up to the police, the feds, the district attorney’s office, and the Department of Justice to ensure that his client’s rights are protected.
• Mehdi is a Moroccan and a Muslim raised in NY City that understands the challenges of being a minority in the U.S.A. Mehdi is passionate about the civil rights and freedoms that should extend to all people and he will fight for your rights.
• As a Muslim son of immigrants Mehdi is sensitive to the needs of immigrant communities that are seeking to build a life in the United States.